Homemade Egg Noodles
These egg noodles are another one of my grandma’s recipes – they were one of my mom’s favorite foods growing up, so they are a common fixture in my house around her birthday.
This recipe will make enough for about six to eight people, depending on appetite levels.
(All units are American customary.)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 pound of beef short ribs
- Large mixing bowl
- Large pot
- Noodle-slicing machine
First, you have to make the raw noodles:
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly (except short ribs) in the mixing bowl.
- Spread the dough and flatten it into a sheet, as thin as you can get it.
- Use the noodle-slicing machine to cut the dough into individual noodles. (Or, just cut it with a knife.)
- Allow the noodles to dry for 8 to 10 hours. They’ll look like this:
Then, to actually cook them:
- Place the beef short ribs in the pot.
- Cover the short ribs with water, and cook for one hour.
- Add the noodles, and cook for an additional 45-60 minutes.
- Serve! (They usually need salt.)